Kyle Janecek, an associate in the Newport Beach office of Newmeyer Dillion, is a member of the Transactional group. He brings to the team a breadth of experience including corporate, real estate, finance, intellectual property, cybersecurity, website compliance, data privacy and construction law.
Regularly supporting the firm’s research, Kyle utilizes an analytical mindset to strategize and problem solve on behalf of the firm’s clients with a focus on alternative dispute resolution processes. Kyle enjoys coming up with creative and effective solutions to move a client's end goals further to highly favorable results. Kyle's experience and skillset includes:
- Insight into various facets of the legal industry. Prior to joining the firm, Kyle interned for multiple Los Angeles based firms. His broad experience included research and analysis of new case law in a variety of industries including entertainment, video game production, fashion, new media companies, online defamation, gaming, and e-commerce.
- Breadth of dispute resolution knowledge. At Pepperdine, Kyle also served as the Executive Editor of the Dispute Resolution Journal, researching and editing scholarly articles on alternative dispute resolution processes, and gaining exposure to a large breadth of issues in arbitration and mediation in novel legal settings.
- A business-oriented background. Kyle's background in economics and business communication has driven him to approach legal issues in a holistic manner to find and craft the best strategies in resolving disputes, seeking to understand why and how issues arise, and what can be done to resolve the root of issues.
- A focus on technology. Kyle's background and interests towards technology have been utilized in helping help other clients on addressing new issues in the online sphere, leading the charge on CCPA compliance, data privacy legislation, website accessibility, and cybersecurity. This has extended to include familiarity and use of penetration testing tools and developing practical measures for increasing cybersecurity, as well as negotiation of and responding to accessibility issues on websites.
- His inquisitive spirit. Kyle is dedicated to learning anything that could be useful to representing a client, increasing his own breadth and depth of knowledge. From learning the history of certain corporations, the causes of failures and successes, to advances in blockchain, nonfungible tokens, the metaverse and its application to entities or investment, he desires to find new ways to effectively create solutions and address issues before they occur.
Because of this skillset, Kyle is able to adapt to recent developments in the law relating to online ventures, and understand issues that new businesses face in the current market. He has leveraged these skills and experiences to help clients with issues related to their online businesses in a transactional setting and in addressing potential litigation matters.
- Orange County Bar Association
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- California, 2017
- Pepperdine Caruso School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Certificate in Dispute Resolution
- Pepperdine Caruso School of Law, Certificate in Entertainment, Media & Sports
- Arizona State University (2014)
- B.A. in Business Communications
- B.S. in Economics