The attorneys and staff at Newmeyer Dillion provide the highest level of service and cost-efficient, innovative and practical solutions to the firm. We look for driven professionals who are friendly, experienced, self-motivated, confident, organized and eager to learn in a team environment.
All interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected].
Newmeyer & Dillion, LLP, a regional firm consistently named among OCBJ’s Best Places to Work, is excited to be searching for the next member of our accounting team. If you have the drive to learn, grow and contribute to improved efficiencies, then you will want to apply for the Billing Coordinator role. This position will be based out of the Firm's Newport Beach office.
In a friendly and fun working environment, the Billing Coordinator position will perform a variety of billing duties, which include adhering to established policies and procedures in order to maintain accurate financial and billing records and reports. Qualified candidates must demonstrate accurate financial reporting, great problem solving, impeccable communication skills, and meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in related field of accounting, finance or equivalent is preferred.
- Approximately five or more years of progressively responsible related work experience preferred in order to gain the expertise needed to manage complex financial and banking relationships in a professional services firm. Law firm experience is helpful.
- Knowledge of legal billing systems (Aderant) is preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compile and bill attorney hours to clients each month.
- Review and edit pre-bills in response to attorney and assistant requests.
- Process and upload pre-bills into various e-billing systems.
- Knowledge of clients’ full billing cycle functions.
- Strong ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e. multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Accurately handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Assist with various other billing analyses as required.
- Create and prints final client billing.
- Update billing sub-ledger spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply firm billing policies.
- Utilize automated accounting and payables software programs and Microsoft programs (Aderant, DMS, MS Excel, MS Word and various e-billing systems) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other administrative duties such as filing, scanning and copying.
- Assist accounting and finance management with special projects as necessary.
We offer numerous benefits and perks such as:
- Casual Fridays
- Employee Discount Program
- No cost options for Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx Drug Insurance
- Firm-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Well-Being Program with incentives
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a resume to [email protected].
Newmeyer & Dillion is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
- For more information: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org