Benjamin Pugh is a partner in Newmeyer Dillion's Newport Beach office. He provides comprehensive representation for clients by utilizing his extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation in state and federal courts in California, Nevada, Colorado, Delaware, New York and other jurisdictions.
Throughout his career, Mr. Pugh has amassed a high success rate at trial, before the California Court of Appeal, and has six published appellate decisions. His clients have included judges, other law firms, public companies, hospitals, universities, local cities, private companies, startup companies, entrepreneurs, investors and public interest groups.
Mr. Pugh has been a guest lecturer at Pepperdine University School of Law regarding appellate advocacy and California State University, Long Beach, College of Business, regarding business entities and associations.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement in an LLC member dispute
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement in a legal malpractice lawsuit
- Obtained $900,000+ judgment against general partner of several limited partnerships
- Successfully defended a military contractor from libel and securities fraud lawsuits
- Successfully defended a technology company from two successive shareholder derivative lawsuits
- Obtained a Writ of Mandate voiding a $22 million trash collection contract procured in violation of a city's competitive bidding laws
- Enforced the document inspection rights of two Irvine City Council Members against the Orange County Great Park Corp.
- Defended a challenged election of directors of a local homeowners' association
- Enforced a shareholder buy-sell agreement leading to a favorable settlement immediately prior to closing arguments
- Represented a publicly traded healthcare corporation in the prosecution of two trials for breach of a settlement agreement by the client's former labor attorney
- Obtained temporary and permanent elder abuse and civil harassment restraining orders
Awards & Recognition
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2017 & 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review rated
- Orange County Bar Association
- Federalist Society, Orange County Chapter, Board of Directors
- Atlas Political Action Committee, Board Member and Chairman of the Endorsements Committee
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Notre Dame Law School (with honors, J.D.)
- University of California, Los Angeles (with honors, B.A.)