Mira Patel is an associate in Newmeyer Dillion’s Newport Beach office.
Mira brings a collaborative approach to client service and helping ensure the firm supports each client in achieving their goals. Her legal practice is based on one key focus: providing a superior legal product that will help propel clients through their legal needs. Her background offers a variety of unique skill sets that complement the firm’s service team, including:
- A client-focused approach to law. Prior to joining the firm, Mira served as a summer law clerk at the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles under its Right to Counsel subunit. Her experience with client interactions in eviction defense work and her familiarity with California housing law reinforces her client-centered perspective to the litigation process. Mira appreciates the benefits of regular and timely client updates and understands how to work with a client through key decision-making points throughout the litigation process.
- An excellence in legal writing. Mira leverages her past experience from UCI Moot Court competitions to craft persuasive and fact-driven writing on complex issues for clients. As a part of UCI Law's Consumer Law Clinic, Mira drafted and successfully filed pleadings on behalf of homeowners who were seeking settlements from solar panel subcontractors arising under the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program.
- A zealous advocate with a team-based focus. Mira also has substantial experience in operating within collaborative work environments by working on teams in pro bono extracurricular experiences and by participating on the boards of student organizations at UCI Law. As part of UCI's Consumer Law Clinic, Mira and her colleagues represented homeowner clients in several mediations related to misrepresentation actions, negligence actions, and Consumer Legal Remedies Act violations arising under the PACE program. Her experience operating in a team-based environment makes her an ideal asset for any complex litigation requiring a team of multiple attorneys, paralegals, and assistants to ensure client needs are met and exceeded at all stages of litigation.
Throughout her time in law school, Mira was on the board of UCI Law's Women's Law Society (WLS) and UCI Law's Middle Eastern and South Asian Law Student Association (MESALSA). Mira conducted research on the right to counsel in eviction defense cases for her pro bono placement at the National Coalition for a Civil Right to Counsel (NCCRC) by researching and analyzing the Due Process Clauses under each state's Constitution.
Awards & Recognition
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- California, 2023
- University of California, Irvine School of Law (J.D., 2023)
- Consumer Law Clinic, Student Advocate
- UCI Middle Eastern and South Asian Law Student Association, Co-Chair
- Pro Bono at Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles (NLSLA)
- Pro Bono at the National Coalition for a Civil Right to Counsel (NCCRC)
- UCI Law Womens Law Society, Social Media Chair
- Rhodes College (B.A., 2017)
- Urban Studies with Concentration in Public Policy
- Minor in Political Science