The goal of our eminent domain and real estate valuation practice area is to help our clients achieve the highest productivity from their real property and just compensation when that land is acquired for public use. Newmeyer Dillion attorneys have extensive expertise in counseling and representing developers, institutional entities, private business owners and public entities.
The firm’s eminent domain practice assists clients through all aspects of an eminent domain proceeding, including trial and appeal. Our lawyers are also skilled in administrative and legislative hearings, arbitrations, and mediations.
Our expertise encompasses:
- Eminent Domain
- Valuation of real property
- Scope and impacts of easements and other encumbrances
- Highest and best use analysis/issues
- Growth control ordinances and moratoria
- Exactions and dedications
- Nuisance law
- Tort law as applied to real property and real property rights
- Constitutional and Civil Rights Act law as applied to real property and real property rights, including inverse condemnation
- Environmental law