Susannah Eichele is an associate in the Newport Beach office. Susannah focuses her practice in insurance coverage, recovery, and litigation. She emphasizes achieving client goals in a creative and efficient manner in her litigation and insurance coverage practices.
Insurance Recovery and Analysis
Susannah represents policyholders in first and third-party insurance matters involving commercial general liability policies, D&O policies, E&O policies, Builder’s Risk policies, homeowner policies and others.
Insurance and Cyber Risk
She also advises clients on cybersecurity issues related to insurance coverage, to lessen their risk and assist in understanding potential insurance coverage for cybersecurity claims.
Litigation and Bad Faith Claims
Susannah has extensive experience litigating bad faith and breach of contract claims on behalf of policyholders, including as first-chair in a multi-million dollar trial against an insurer on behalf of a policyholder.
She also has handled a variety of business litigation matters for clients ranging from international corporations to individuals. Ms. Eichele has litigated matters in state and federal court, including the appellate courts, appeared pro hac vice in cases in several states, and has resolved matters via Alternative Dispute Resolution proceedings.
Prior to her legal career, Ms. Eichele spent several years negotiating advertising campaigns for one of the nation’s largest wireless companies.
- OCBA Insurance Law Section – Board Member (3 year term beginning January 2019)
- California, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (J.D., 2009)
- University of California, Irvine (B.A., 1999)