Stephanie Talavera’s practice focuses on challenges to local government fees, taxes, and assessments under the Mitigation Fee Act. She also advises clients on issues arising under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Prior to joining the firm, Stephanie worked as a fellow at UCI Law’s Center for Land, Environment, and Natural Resources. At the Center, Stephanie gained in-depth knowledge on a variety of topics that continue to inform her practice, including the heightened restraints placed on municipal revenue generation by Propositions 13, 26, and 218, as well as permit process coordination at the federal, state, and local level.
Stephanie values hard work and strives to produce excellent work product as efficiently and effectively as possible. She is also committed to serving her community and serves as a member on various committees.
Orange County Bar Association
- Chair Elect 2019 (Chair 2020), Environmental Law Section
- Member, Real Estate Section
- Member, Young Lawyers Division
- Committee Member, Lawyer Referral & Information Service
- Committee Member, Mentor on Demand Committee
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Pro Bono Volunteer, Veterans’ Legal Institute
- Pro Bono Volunteer, Alliance for Children’s Rights
- California, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- University of California, Irvine School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Faculty Award (Highest Performance in Course), Environmental Law Clinic 2014
- Faculty Award (Highest Performance in Course), Advanced Environmental Law Clinic 2015
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., 2011)