Richard is an associate in the Newport Beach office of Newmeyer Dillion and focuses his practice on areas of business litigation, eminent domain, environmental law, zoning and land use, and general real estate litigation. Richard assists with investigations, analysis, remediation, and related litigation involving federal, state, and local hazardous waste regulations. He also handles litigation matters involving state and local eminent domain, including regulatory and physical takings, and other inverse condemnation disputes. He represents various business entities, real estate developers, and individuals. Richard has extensive experience in complex business litigation, real estate, contractual, trademark, and copyright issues.
He has an established reputation as a driven, pragmatic, solution-oriented attorney who succeeds for his clients in a wide range of situations. Richard is able to effectively navigate complex legal issues efficiently to save clients money and achieve desired results. He represents large and small business entities in federal and state courts, as well as alternative dispute resolution (ADR) venues.
Outside of litigation, Richard advises clients on general corporate issues, restructuring, contract negotiations, and risk management. He spends significant time helping clients avoid the pitfalls and risks in litigation by proactively creating strategic non-litigation alternatives and to help preserve business relationships following a dispute.
Awards & Recognition
- Selected to the Rising Star list by Super Lawyers in 2020
- Orange County Bar Association
- Association Business Trial Lawyers
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Tiger Woods Foundation
- November 10th Association
- Veterans Legal Institute
- California, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Tax Court
- Pepperdine Law (J.D., 2011)
- Pepperdine University (2011)
- Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, Certificate
- Principia College (B.A., 2008)