Michael leads the firm's Business Litigation practice group and serves on the firm's executive committee.
His clients operate in a wide array of economic sectors, including financial services, technology, marketing, distribution, home building, automotive services, real estate development, entertainment, and health care.
Michael has resolved hundreds of complex lawsuits and commercial disputes involving a broad range of tort and contract claims, including claims of statutory and regulatory violations, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair business practices, denial of insurance coverage, and fraud.
Representative matters include:
- Successfully prosecuted claims against former employees and competitors for misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition;
- Successfully defended start-up companies against former employers of principal(s) against claims for misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition;
- Successfully prosecuted and defended claims for fraud in the sale of real estate and defective construction;
- Successfully represented policy holders against insurance companies for wrongful denial of coverage;
- Successfully represented individuals and businesses in regulatory matters against federal, state, and municipal government entities; and
- Successfully defended individual from criminal prosecution, resulting in acquittal at trial.
Michael received his law degree from Georgetown and his undergraduate history degree from Yale, where he was a four year member of the varsity football team.
Awards & Recognition
- Selected to the Rising Star list by Super Lawyers, 2014-2018
- California, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2005)
- Yale University (B.A., 2001)
- History with distinction