Jeffrey Brower is an associate in the Newport Beach office and a problem solver. There is no “one-size fits all” approach to legal disputes, and Jeffrey approaches every problem with the unique ability to analyze complex issues to develop case-specific strategies to resolve disputes. Many lawyers and law firms embrace a formulaic approach to litigation that leaves clients wondering why they spent $500,000 to resolve a $50,000 dispute. It does not have to be that way. Jeffrey’s primary drive is to allow you to spend more time managing your business and less time managing litigation.
Trade Secrets and Unfair Business Practices
Jeffrey represents large and small companies in all aspects of trade secret and unfair competition disputes, and can help develop best practices to protect your company’s proprietary and confidential information. Representative experience includes:
• Successfully prosecuted claims against former employees and competitors for misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
• Successfully defended start-up companies against former employers of principal(s) against claims for misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
Commercial and Residential Construction
Jeffrey represents residential and commercial developers and general contractors in all aspects of complex construction matters, including disputes involving delays, supplementation, mechanic’s liens, construction defects, and insurance coverage. Jeffrey’s expertise includes briefing appellate matters arising out of the California Government Claims Act and Right to Repair Act. Representative experience includes:
• Successfully recovered more than $10 million for clients to resolve construction defect claims, and to reimburse his clients for the associated defense fees and costs.
• Successfully represented developer in construction defect claim seeking eight figures in damages for zero contribution from his client.
Product and Premises Liability Claims
Jeffrey has represented large multi-national companies in product liability, premises liability, and related insurance coverage matters. Representative experience includes:
• Successfully negotiated favorable resolution of dozens of product liability claims involving two of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers.
• Successfully defended class action lawsuit against residential developer involving allegedly defective solar panels, and recovered more than $1 million from manufacturers and distributors of the solar panels for the same client.
Awards & Recognition
- Honors Society, Lambda Pi Eta
- Orange County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- California, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (J.D., 2009)
- Order of the Coif
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., 2005)