Jane Samson is a partner in Newmeyer & Dillion’s Newport Beach office. With over 30 years of experience in real estate, Ms. Samson works closely with her clients to understand and help them achieve their business goals and long-term strategies. She is particularly valued by her clients for her creativity and effectiveness in complex and challenging transactions.
Ms. Samson's clients include publicly traded and privately held developers, real estate investment advisors, institutional and private investors and other property owners. Her practice includes, among other things, acquisitions (through the purchase of real property, company assets or debt, or by ground lease), development, leasing, dispositions, forward commitments, joint ventures and financings of undeveloped and ‘repurposed’ property as well as medical office buildings, commercial, industrial, retail and multifamily properties and mixed-use projects. Ms. Samson has extensive experience with master-planned communities, having been involved with the development of three of the most successful master-planned communities in California and Colorado.
Recent representative matters include:
- Land acquisitions throughout Northern and Southern California
- Forward leasing transactions in Southern California
- Sale of a portfolio of medical office buildings in Southern California
- Acquisition and development of former school sites in California
- Acquisition of multiple commercial buildings
- Multi-tiered joint ventures and revolving credit facilities for the development of infill properties on the East Coast
- Leasing of medical office building spaces with major healthcare providers
- Development agreement for large-scale, master-planned community
- Acquisition of in-fill property from a public entity for commercial development
- Master CC&R’s and operational agreements for mixed use project in Southern California
Other notable transactions include the sale of a bond-financed apartment complex in Marina del Rey, California that was one of the largest multifamily transactions in California in 2010 and the sale of a portfolio of properties in The Woodlands, Texas that was reported as the largest multifamily transaction in the United States in 2009.
Awards & Recognition
- “Most Influential Women in Real Estate,” Real Estate Southern California magazine
- AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to the Orange County Best Lawyers list for Real Estate Law, 2019-2020
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Charitable & Civic Involvement
Ms. Samson is also a full member of the Urban Land Institute, a the former President of the Orange County Chapter of WCRE, a former member of the Board of Directors and a two-term President of the Orange County Forum.
- California, 1985
- Notre Dame Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1985)
- Law Review - Editorial Board
- A. Harold Weber Moot Court Award Recipient (1985)
- Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame (B.Mus., summa cum laude, 1980)