Greg is one of the founding partners of Newmeyer Dillion, which has grown from three attorneys in 1984 to over 70 lawyers in Newport Beach and Walnut Creek, California, and Las Vegas, Nevada. Greg prides himself in helping not only to build a law firm with a first-tier reputation and an A list of clients, but one that embraced culture, diversity, teamwork, collaboration and an integrated and holistic approach to client representation and service long before it became popular.
Greg believes client service is key. This means establishing a relationship of trust, confidence, affinity and loyalty. It also means delivering timely, excellent, efficient and cost-effective results. To help achieve this, Greg makes himself available to clients around the world and around the clock. Greg represents public and private entities and individuals in complex and high stakes business, insurance coverage, real estate and construction disputes. He also advises on insurance policy placement and review; risk avoidance, transfer and management; and alternative dispute resolution methods, techniques and enforceability. Greg has had an active trial and appellate practice for over 35 years. He has helped defeat and defense multi-million dollar claims and suits and obtained eight-figure verdicts and judgments and hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements. He also has argued and helped obtain published decisions at the California Supreme Court and state and federal appellate levels that have changed the course of California law and practice.
Awards & Recognition
- Named Orange County Insurance Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America©
- Named Orange County Real Estate Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America©
- Named Orange County Construction Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America©
- Twice Named Orange County Construction Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America©
- Named America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® for Southern California
- Named by Best Lawyers’ in America© in Insurance Law, Construction Law, and Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Litigation and Construction Litigation
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review for over 25 years.
- Recipient of the American Diabetes Association Father of the Year Award
- Recipient of the Boy Scouts of America, Orange County Council Construction Industry Good Scout Award
- Selected to Super Lawyers list of California Top 50 Orange County Lawyers
- Selected to Super Lawyers list of Top 100 Southern California Lawyers
- Selected as a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Selected as Fellow of the American College of Coverage and Extra-contractual Counsel
- Selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- American Bar Association
- Fellows of The American Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Building Industry Association Orange County Chapter
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Cornell University Real Estate Council
- Fellow of the American College of Coverage Counsel
- Orange County Bar Association
Charitable & Civic Involvement
Greg is a supporter of numerous charities and non-profit organizations including: The American Cancer Society, Boys Scouts of America, The City of Hope, Interval House, Joyful Child, The Catalina Conservancy, Orangewood Foundation, The Shea Center, The Catalina Cowboy Heritage Foundation, Surfing Heritage, Cultural Center and the Los Caballeros cowboy riding group.
He currently is on the board of the Surfing Heritage and Culture Center and is a past board member of the American Diabetes Association, Father of the Year Council and the Orange County Boy Scouts of American as well as others.
- California, 1980
- Colorado, 2000
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 1986
- United States Supreme Court, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1981
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1980)
- Cornell University (B.A., Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1977)