As the reality and effects of COVID-19 spread across our nation, individuals and businesses now face myriad legal and practical questions and challenges. In addition to employment, worker safety and complications arising from the increased need for remote working, companies need to act quickly and thoughtfully to prepare for and respond to privacy, cyber security, insurance, and contract force majeure concerns, to name a few.
Newmeyer Dillion’s attorneys are already at the forefront of advising local, regional and national businesses on how to work through a range of challenges stemming from COVID-19, including:
- Contract rights and obligations
- Insurance coverage (including business interruption, liability, worker's compensation, pollution and cyber)
- Employee work-from-home protocols, including cyber security planning
- Family and sick leave rights and obligations
- HIPAA privacy rights and obligations
We stand ready, willing and able to advise and guide you through these difficult and fluid times and are committed to regularly providing updated resources below.
If you would like to reach a member of Newmeyer Dillion’s COVID-19 Task Force, please reach out to your Newmeyer Dillion attorney directly or email [email protected].
Here are five things that businesses should do to stay on top of their operations during these times:
- Review CDC, federal, state and local guidelines.
- Develop and disseminate an at work COVID-19 exposure reduction plan.
- Develop a work from home plan with proper precautions for cyber security.
- Review and notify your work force of governmental assistance programs and tax filing extensions.
- Consider drawing down on your line or obtaining an SBA loan or other additional financing now to weather an economic downturn.
Newmeyer Dillion is committed to bringing you resources to help you better navigate COVID-19 and its impact on your business. Please check back often as we continue to incorporate relevant news and information.See below for other relevant resources:
- Please click here for the latest court notices and other legal industry related COVID-19 / Coronavirus news.
- For more information on how Bay Area jurisdictions are handling the Shelter-At-Home order, view the (BIA Bay Area’s current spreadsheet). https://www.biabayarea.org/shelter-in-place-orders
- For more information on CA's Executive Order please click here, and for our latest news on this affects the construction industry click here.
- For more information on CA's court emergency order please click here.
- For more information of New York's call for special report pursuant to section 308, New York insurance Law: business interruption and related coverage in New York, click here.
- Agencies keeping you up-to-date on COVID-19:
- Follow us on social media as we share more insight and news related to how businesses cope in the wake of COVID-19: